\* */

Saturday, October 11, 2008


My elder cousin sister, Malar send me recipe of Zuchini bread with chopped walnut. She lives in California and she grows giant zuchini and makes Zuchini bread whenever she wants to and let it rest in her beautiful garden.

Her recipes makes 2 loaves. I scaled down her recipe to make one loaf and rushed to market nearby and bought all items except cooling rack. I took the oven second rack to cool it after baked. My son, Jaihari enjoys to prepare it with me. First time, I made Zuchini Bread and it comes out very excellent.



3rd World Bread Day hosted by 1x umruehren bitte aka kochtopf This bread is baked for 3rd World Bread day event where Zorra collected a huge basket filled with full of 246 breads, all made with love from all over the world. The roundup is splitted up into 4 parts. Here we can find all entries from Trinidad (1), Turkey (1), UK (7) and USA (47), Venezuela (1) in this link http://kochtopf.twoday.net/stories/5279409

Here's the recipe: Serves 3 persons
All Purpose Flour 1.5 cups (I use bread flour)
Baking Powder 1/4 tspn
Baking Soda 1/2 tspn
Cinnamon 1 tspn
Salt 1/2 tspn
Zucchini peeled and grated, 1 cup (I used 1 medium zucchini, to make 1.5 cups)
Walnuts or Pecans 1/2 cup, chopped (I push it twice in the chopped button of the blender)
Vegetable Oil 1/2 cup
Granulated Sugar 3/4 cup(I prefer 1/2 cup as I like less sweet)
Egg one whole + one egg white
Vanilla essence 1 tspn
DIRECTIONS
Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, spice and baking soda.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F ( 165 degrees C).
Grease and flour one 8x4 inch loaf pans.
In a large bowl, beat eggs until light and frothy.
Mix in oil and sugar. Stir in zucchini and vanilla.
Combine flour, cinnamon, soda, baking powder, salt and nuts; stir into the egg mixture.
Pour it in a greased bread loaf pan.
Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Remove loaves from pans and cool in the rack.
Serve with butter or whipped cream.

2 comments:

Ramya Vijaykumar said...

Texture of the bread is awesome and they look really cool... I havent used egg in bread shall give it a try... The pictures are wonderful...

Rajee said...

Hi Ramya,
Thanks for ur wonderful comments. The texture of the bread look glossy, soft and moist if u use eggs. You can replace it with apple sauce if u dont like eggs.
For 1 ½ eggs – 1/2 cup applesauce.
Cheers,
Rajee

Post a Comment

Next previous home
 
© Copyright by Simply innocence  |  Template by Blogspot tutorial