\* */

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Restaurant Style Tomato Chutney/Red Chutney

Restaurant Style Tomato Chutney
I know every one makes regular tomato chutney without coconut. Can anyone say how come this tasty is so tasty in the restaurant and enjoyed lot with idlies or king-sized Paper Dosai? We can sense they only add coconut to make it more chutney to save the costs of tomatoes. Isnt it? If anyone try it, then it'll remind you to get the similar taste that you tried in any good restaurants. Most of the women including me omit coconut as it's not good for health but enjoyed it lot in the restaurants. Yes, it's funny and just give good smile :). I am pleased to everyone to try it and let me know howmany idlies you had. I am very sure that everyone will enjoy it with more idlies especially kids. When I was in the restaurant, I tasted it 4 to 8 times by eating slowly to find out what ingredient they had. Then I found the smell of coconut and tried it. I was amazed that it gives the same taste as in the restaurant.
Ingredients:
1 Red onion
1 big ripe tomato
2 dry red chilly
1/4 cup freshly grated coconut
1 tsp salt or to taste
1 tbsp oil
Seasonings:
1 tsp oil
1/4 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp split urad dal
1 dry red chilly
6 nos curry leaves
1/4 tsp ground Asafoetida
Idly with Tomato Chutney
Method:
Heat 1 tbsp of oil and fry dry red chilies along with chopped onion until translucent. Now add chopped tomatoes and cook until it becomes soft and mushy to blend well and make it a thick curry. Add salt and coconut and grind well. Add water little as required to run the blender to make thick and smooth chutney paste.
Heat one tsp of oil and do the above seasonings. Serve it with idly or dosa by drizzling with Gingely oil on top.
Luckily, only 2 entries I found to pass this chutney to FIL-Tomatoes event by Sanghi of Sanghi's Food Delights and FIC-PINK hosted by Priya of Priya's Easy And Tasty Recipes.

3 comments:

Cham said...

Ur idli and chutney make me hungry :)

Usha said...

Looks delicious, I make mine similarly minus the coconut, will give your recipe a try the next time !

Rajee said...

Usha, try it and it'll taste like restaurant. Every women makes very common chutney without coconut.

Post a Comment

Next previous home
 
© Copyright by Simply innocence  |  Template by Blogspot tutorial