\* */

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Methi Matar Malai: Scrumptious Delights

Methi Matar Malai
On March 28th 2009, I thought of posting this recipe but unfortunatly we shop to Grapevine mall in texas to buy skate shoes for Jaihari who passed his Math test in Addition successfully. I am very busy mother in spending more time with him and Sritha(my friend's kid) to do their homework after their school. I love to write more in my blog but I didnt have enough time to write more in my blog. Please bear with me. I used to spend more time in cooking, helping to do thier homework, blogging and visiting my friends' houses.

My interent explorer is still not working till now. I use Mozilla Firefox and in that browser, my font sizes are too smaller and if I change it, then it'll look bigger in internet explorer. I dont want to change font in Mozilla Firefox. Pls let me know if anything goes wrong in interent explorer. My laptop is infected with virus. My hubby spend 2 days to clear it. I know it's hard. I'll greatly appreciate to you if you let me know the best software to protect the virus.
I decided to cook Methi Matar Malar to submit this picture to Click at jugalbandi, and the theme this month is wood and My Legume Love Affair - Ninth Helping (MLLA9) events. I dont have any suggestions of paticipating RCI-Lucknow event. Thanks lot dear Lavi of Home's Cook's recipe for asking me to send my recipe for Lucknowi special of Methi Matar Malai. I would be happy if anyone wishes me to choose dishes in my blog to participate their events.
Methi Matar Malai
Making time: 30 minutes excluding plucking fresh fenugreek leaves
Makes: 3 servings
1 bunch methi/fenugreek leaves chopped
1 cup green peas
2 small potatoes peeled and cut into cubed size pieces
1/2 cup cream or malai (I used half & half)
2 tbsp ghee or butter or oil
1 tsp sugar or 1/2 tsp splenda
1 pinch turmeric
salt to taste
1/2 tsp. cuminseeds
1 pinch asafoetida

Grind to smooth paste:
1 big onion
4 green chilies
1 tsp cashewnuts or 1/2 tbsp Almonds
2-3 green chillies
1" ginger
2 cardamom
3" stick cinnamon
3 cloves
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/4 cup Peas(to thicken the gravy)
1/2 cup water

1.Drain and wash well in colander under running water. Blend into smooth paste with 1/2 cup water.
2.Heat oil in a wide skillet/kadai. Season it with cumin seeds and asafoetida. Add ground paste and stirfry for 5 minutes in medium-low flame until the paste turns light golden brown.
3.Now add potatoes first, then methi leaves and finally peas. Stir fry for 2 minutes until the leaves wilt. Add sugar, salt and turmeric and stir fry for another 2 minutes
4. Add malai and 1 cup of water. Cover and cook in low flame for 15 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
5. Drizzle little cream or grated panner/tofu on top if desired and serve piping hot with any Indian bread or flavoured Rice.

For low fat version of this Methi Matar Malai, replace fresh cream with yogurt. Cashew nuts can also be avoided to replace it with almonds. You can also grind 1/4 cup of almond to get thick gravy instead of peas.
Sugar is optional but recommended to avoid bitterness from the fenugreek leaves. If the curry is too thick, mix in a few tblsp of milk.


bee said...

thanks for your entry, dear rajee.

Varsha Vipins said...

oh wow..never knew about this space..The pics are just superb Rajee..!!..thanks for letting me know about this..:) Yum dish..:)

lavi said...

Rajee..Great that you left a line on my blog..I was reading some posts of urs. i loved reading about ur pedatha..

Can u send this to me for RCI-Lucknow..Looks absolutely Rich!

Akal's Saappadu said...

delicious (new for me using methi leaves )preparation with paneer !
I love the platter on which you've placed your dish :)

Neha said...

Yummy, was looking around for the receipe for some time, thanx for sharing...

Post a Comment

Next previous home
© Copyright by Simply innocence  |  Template by Blogspot tutorial