\* */

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Nadar Mutton Kari Kulambo


Yes, it took long time for me to post my latest recipes. Let me tell you what I did from April 1st to April 24th. I was so tired of updating my two blogs and I only forgot about myself. Oh, pls dont get me wrong that I took care of my family,cooking and visitng my friend's houses. Then I didnt release my birthday on April 9th. One day before my birthday, my Mom called me to wish me and reminded me of my Birthday. But Karthik knows and wants to surprise me on that day. He just smiled at me. I told them that I wonder how time went so fast that day. Then I took break off to spend more time with my family and friends.
I won Freshwater Pearls when I participated in the contests of other blogs. I feel it's a special gift for my birthday.
Every days after school, I am taking care of my close friend's daughter,Sritha as her mother is working in her office and she'll come to pick her up after her office hours. She's a very sweet girl enough to surprise me with her lovely drawings for my birthday.
Easter day came on April 12th. We had function in our apartment office. We enjoyed lot in egg hunting after having morning free breakfast buffet there. The kids played Pumped-it-up. We were chatting with friends, having popcorn, cotton candy and snow-icecream. We came home with more egg candies, small packets of popcorn and some cotton candies. The next day, my house was in a mess. I was so tired to clean the whole house, throw the empty egg candies that I found everywhere in the house. Ah! lot of mess to clean and made me to foget me and my blog.
My neighbouring friend gave some sweets for us for Tamil New Year. I didnt cook anything special that day as I've enough food for us. After that, I had less free time to browse somethings. Then I came to know that Earth day is on 22 April. I recycled some stuffs and cleaned my kitchen.
On April 23rd, We enjoyed rehearsal program in school. After the program, We rushed to Starbucks with my cup to get free coffee on that day. I am only the coffee lover in the house.
On my birthday, we had fasting for full moon day. Before my birthday, Karthik bought me mutton as we all enjoyed to eat mutton kari kulambo. The recipe is very simple to cook but it gives more flavor and hard to resist. Pls dont blame me if you become addictive!
My Mutton Kari Kulambo goes to Orginal recipe


Ingredients:
Mutton - 2lb preferably Goat Meat
Big Onion - 3 chopped finely
Tumeric ground - 1 big pinch
water to cook mutton - 1 cup
Coconut milk - 1/2 cup (optional)
Oil - 5 tbsp
Salt to taste

Grind to smooth paste:
Dry red chilly - 11
Cumin seeds - 8 tbsp
Coriander seeds - 8 tbsp

Method:
Clean the mutton and keep aside.
Pour some water in the blender and grind the above ingredients to smooth paste like chutney.
In a pressure cooker, heat oil and fry onion till golden brown. Add mutton and fry for 3 minutes. Add the grinded paste, turmeric powder and salt. Add water and bring to boil. Close the lid and let it cook for 15 minutes over medium-low flame. Open the lid after the steam oozes out. Cook it again in low flame to get thick curry.
I also added 1/2 cup of coconut milk if it's too spicy. Serve hot with rice/idly/dosa/rotis.

Notes:
Dont cook it again in low flame if you want thin curry.
Adding 1/2 cup of coconut milk gives great flavor.


4 comments:

Chutneytales said...

Nice to see you back!My belated b'day wishes to you,dear.I'm glad to hear that you won the contest.Congratulations!
The kari kulambu looks authentic..Nice one!

Cham said...

Belated wishes and yummy kari kuzhambu!

gtyuk said...

Welcome back to blogging dear; and belaaaaated birthday wishes to you :)

I understand the busy days, running around kids, enjoying festivities and (cleaning up the mess :)hehehe

kari kuzhambu russiyaaa irukku, idli kooda thottu saaptaa super-aaa irukkum :)

Sam said...

Mutton kari looks so beautiful! I love mutton. Can't wait to see your posting, my mouth is watering. Will try it soon. Thanks so much for sharing.

Post a Comment

Next previous home
 
© Copyright by Simply innocence  |  Template by Blogspot tutorial